3 Star hotels in Ave. de Liberade area, Lisbon?

Westie123

Hi All,

We will be travelling to Lisbon in June (Volcano permitting!). I am thinking of staying in the Ave. de Liberade area. Most of the recommended hotels are 4 star,I am looking at the Marques de Pombal. Has anyone stayed in a good 3 star hotel in this area that they would recommend?

I've stayed at the Marques hotel six years ago. It was brand new hotel back then. It's centralled located on the Avenida Liberade so not far from everything. I had no complaints at all, new modern decor and found the staff great. Their restaurant wasn't up to much but that's not a problem if your eating out.

Thanks icon987,,

Would you have a fairly good idea of how long it takes to walk from the hotel to Baixa/Barrio Alto? I've seen everything from 5 mins to 40 mins!

One thing about Lisbon is that it is quite a hilly city. Baixa is quite close to the hotel and is a downhill walk - around 10 minutes away. Barrio Alto would be more like 20 minutes and is a good uphill walk. I'd recommend a taxi for going there.

Oh and one way to stop being taken the long way from the airport. When you ask for the hotel say "Marques Pombal", leave the "De" out. That's how they spot if you've been to Lisbon before.

Back