3 day trip in September

Liamos

Hi. I'm looking to travel somewhere romantic with my wife for her 40th birthday in September. I have various ideas in my head. A castle in Italy / France / Spain. Venice. A 4/5 star hotel. It would be for 3 nights. Any ideas?

The Palazzo Niccolini in Florence is superb and about 60 metres from the Duomo.

Reading the OP I thought a Paradores in Spain, someone beat me to the suggestion but I can second it, they are lovely.

how about an old cheatux in france? i stayed in one just outside of avignon (Mazan the place was called and so was the cheatux). rustic old french town, in the middle of wine making country. nice day trips to the hills. hotel was lovely and great restaurant.

We rented an apartment in Rome around the corner from the Pantheon. It was in an old house and was beautifull, quiet, central and romantic. There are some really upmarket one's available. Lots of websites do them. Rome is a beautifull city and perfect weather in september.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just need to check out details like climate in September and the need for car hire in remoter locations.

Back