3 Day Hill-Walking Challenge (up to 95km with 4,200m height gain/descent)

GSheehy

You may have heard of the Fei Sheehy Challenge which took place for the first time in 2014. If you haven’t; it’s a three day, self-navigating, hill walking challenge to ‘cross’ the Comeragh, Galty and Knockmealdown mountain ranges. Pre-registered participants can elect to do one, two or three days.

It's also a charity fundraiser and the money raised via registration fees and sponsorship cards goes to the nominated charities. This year, the nominated beneficiaries are

• Barretstown &
  • Start360
You can also elect to raise funds for your own chosen charity. To date, we have raised over €20,000 for charities and voluntary organisations.

We’re going ahead with the event again this year (19th, 20th, 21st August) and pre-registration is open. If you log on to the website www.FeiSheehyChallenge.net you can pre-register now. Numbers are limited. If you can’t participate and want to help out, you can donate via the website or sponsor someone else that's taking part .

If you're in a club, you should try and organise a group to do it. I'd love to get a bit of lively banter going, between a few clubs, for the Club Challenge. If accommodation is an impediment for the Club Challenge I'm willing to contact walkers in the area about home-stays for those that might have long distances to travel. A small donation to the fundraising effort for availing of this service (in lieu of a B&B) would be fair, I think.

Stay fit, uninjured and safe.

Gerard Sheehy

Back