3 Data card

K

kevso

I have recently purchased the new 3 3G usb datacard.

I was wondering how i check how much of my download quota I have used. the program on my laptop has a data usage checker but it doesnt seem to be accurate. Is there any way to check it online like you can check your pay monthly balance with phone contracts.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

I am getting a datacard (probably today!) and thought about this problem...

I downloaded a free program called BitMeter2, 1MB in size and it seems quite good. I have used it for the past month with no problems. It tells you how much has gone in both directions. It doesn't distinguish between different connections though, i.e I have used two internet connections and they are both lumped in together. Other than that it seems good.

Cheers
Joe

ive got a nokia n73 and use it as a modem. theres a my 3 page you can visit from the phone directly where you can check your usage. im not sure how it would work from the data modem

Have any of you seen a contract or any form of T&C relating to the 3 data card service ?

olddog... no, unfortunately I haven't...

I can't get a 3 datacard as there is no coverage in my (buisness) area in Wicklow, same for Vodafone... it looks like I have to remain offline.

XT40... do you use your mobile for the internet? Do you pay per minute or whatever? I wanted a datacard as it's 'always on'... I don't really want to pay per minute.... I can get mobile phone coverage, just not 2.5G or 3G coverage which is needed...

i pay 9.99 per month for 250mb per month which is all i need as ive got bb at home. i use it mainly as i regularly travel on the train from dublin to galway and have also used it in the uk. its very convenient.

i pay 9.99 per month for 250mb per month which is all i need as ive got bb at home. i use it mainly as i regularly travel on the train from dublin to galway and have also used it in the uk. its very convenient.

Thats with 3 yeah? How do you find it. Do you get a good connection most of the time, decent speeds etc.

Has anyone ever used this in the Cork area? Any comments?