2nd time buyer selling house within 5 years of purchase

pyzon

Hi all,
Hopefully I can get an answer here, I'm looking to sell a house which I bought as an owner occupier and the size was 1100sq feet so under the threshold for stamp-duty.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the claw back of stamp duty will apply to me or if I will be liable for stamp-duty if I sell the house within 5 years of purchase.

We have been living in it now for 2.5 years as owner occupiers and the size is still the same.

Tks.

I found this on most web-sites which refers to renting the property which we are not going to do we are going to sell...

'. There is also an exemption available for other owner-occupying purchasers of new dwelling houses or apartments under 125m2. In addition, partial relief is also available to owner-occupying purchasers of new dwelling houses or apartments over 125m2. These exemptions/reliefs are clawed-back where the purchaser rents out the dwelling house or apartment, other than under rent-a-room arrangements, within 5 years of the date of the deed of transfer giving effect to the purchase..."

No you will not be liable for clawback.

Presumably the original poster is thinking of the SD clawback applicable when a property is purchased as an owner occupied PPR but rented out within 2 years (was previously 5 years) of purchase? This is irrelevant in this case.