2nd sky box

minkydog

Seen a few threads on here about purchasing a 2nd sky box on eBay and DoneDeal.

We have a Sky+HD package and want multi-room. We were told by Sky that we can't have it because we don't have a land line in the house. We have four cables coming off the dish, two servicing the HD in the main room and the other two going into a 2nd reception room. My question is if I buy another box off eBay or DoneDeal can I just plug it into the cables in the 2nd reception room and get a signal? or do I have to purchase the box and card off Sky?

thanks

You can get a Sky box from where ever you like. The key item is the card. If your Sky boxes are not connected to a phone line, then Sky will not give you multiroom. They will however be happy to charge you for a second full-price subscription if you so wish!!

In your second room, you can plug in the box and you will be able to receive all of the free to air channels: all the BBC's, ITV's, C4's etc. You won't get the Irish stations not the likes of SkyOne, Living, Dave etc.

but if you run a coax lead from the sky box with hd to other sky box and then to tv at least you will have same channel in 2 rooms

but if you run a coax lead from the sky box with hd to other sky box and then to tv at least you will have same channel in 2 rooms

or alternatively get a set of those digisender thingies which work wirelessly...

Or if you can live without the sky channels, you can always use the 2nd \ 3rd sky box as freesat and get all your bbcs, channel 4, ITV etc.

And it will cost you nothing

You can now receive RTE2 HD free via "other channels"
Frequency is 10.744 22.0 5/6
Its under the label 1270
Enjoy !