2nd phone - best PAYG

sinky

Hi All,

I have a personal phone. I will need now to be contacted occasionally for work and don't want that coming through my personal phone.
I need a SIM only PAYG account which will use very little credit for calls/texts. No data required.
Does anyone know the most economical way to do this? Is there anything cheaper than €10 p.m.?

thank you

Gomo have one for 9.99, 30 day contract. I saw it here first and they has been a lot of TV and radio adverts. Don't think there is

I'm on Tesco for 15 a month, 30 day contract Very happy with it.

You could just buy a cheap phone and top up as needed. Sorry I'm assuming that still exists.

I have work phone and personal. I thought I'd only use personal very little, but it got confusing so I'm happy to pay 15 a month. I bundle the data and only use work phone for work.

I can Google to my hearts content and if there is ever a GDPR I am happy that I can hand work phone over.

I do all my moaning about management on personal phone

sinky - don't think you'd get something cheaper than €10 p/m. 48months.ie also have a few options, but the cheapest being €10.

Could you just get the phone set up to get your "work" calls re-directed to your personal phone (is that still possible?) - at least you'd still be only carrying one phone with you.

OP if your phone is unlocked and dual SIM, get a Lycamobile SIM and top it up by a fiver. You must make one outgoing call or text every 90 days or the SIM will be permanently blocked. Top up as you need to.

if you're not making calls, you only need to top up every so often to keep the account alive (I think it's every 6 months on Vodafone). No need for a monthly commitment.

Just use tesco sim only or buy a cheap one off them and top up as needed by fivers. No plan required.

Back