2nd hand carmera: Is this good value?

O

oulu

This camera is for sale 2nd hand can you tell me what I should look out for, what is 256mb mean,I was thinking og also buying Fuji 3500 from pixel.com for E279 can I get your opinion want to spend no more than E350 , just for family use, also where is best place in Dublin to but cheers

2nd hand
Fuji s7000 Digital.Perfect cond, only few mths old, incl 256mb memory card, all original access incl, #350. Contact,

title edited by ajapale

256mb refers to the amount of memory that the card the camera uses will hold.
Depending on what resolution you take your pictures with, the picture will take up more memory, so for instance on my digi camera I have 5 different levels of resolution. If I take all my pics on level 5 then I'll probably only get around 100 pics on my 256mb card, whereas if I take the shots on level 1, I could get 3-400 but I may lose some quality on the shots. Its up to yourself what level you want.
256mb is more then enough. ie, you dont have to be dumping the contents of the card every 2 days as its full up.
Sorry I cant comment on the camera.

Re: good value

Here's a link to a review on the camera on cnet if that helps.

i have an s7000. its one of the best non-slr cameras you can get and takes amazing quality pictures which can be printed up to 30 x 20 inch poster size. i bought it on amazon for £360 stg with an additional 512md xd card.

[broken link removed] is also worth checking for reviews/feedback.

It's now £304 on www.7dayshop.com. A 256Mb card will cost a further £23.49 and postage is £2.95...

But I prefer the (£100 cheaper) S5500 with its 10x optical zoom... :) If you really want 6 million pixels, try and pick up the older [broken link removed], which lets you shoot in 'Raw' mode. Mind you, I find 3.1 million pixels more than adequate. I've gone as big as 16"x20" without any problems - but I used a tripod. You can have all the pixels you want, if you get a bit of camera shake you won't see the benefit of them (or of a good quality lens).

And yes, www.dpreview.com is a great site.

Back