Laya 2A+(3C <3years) Laya €2,300 Glo Health €600 cheaper - too good to be true?

carrs

I'm currently with Laya which is due for renewal shortly.

For myself and husband and three kids under 3 will cost me E2300 minimum in renewal (with the kids on the cheapest policy).

Because Glo Health are offering kids under three for free I would save about E600 per year with a similar plan for myself and hubby and a better plan for the kids because they would be on the same plan as us.

Is this too good to be true or just a good deal all round?

Anyone got any experiences of dealing with Glo Health? I don't want to switch and find that I have all sorts of problems with claims etc.

Thanks for any comments

Hi carrs,

Glohealth are 14 months in business since July 2012, so anyone who signed up at the start are coming to their renewal dates around now.
There were 2 previous threads here asking similar questions - both with no responses. No news is good news, in saying that its still early days as new companies go.

The following is a quote from a recent article, by Charlie Weston, in the Irish Independent 27/8/2013.
"GloHealth has been in the market for just over a year and has picked up 52,000 customers in that time. Experts said it has been particularly successful in signing up families."

I am not with Glohealth, but I think it looks like a good deal all round.
You're in the perfect position, with 3 young children to avail of this offer.

If you sign up online, www.glohealth.ie, there is a further discount of 5% to
avail of.

As an extra if required, Glohealth also have a seperate outpatient policy to cover day to day gp visits,etc. The 3 children would also be free on this with just one paying adult. Details as follows;

Daily Care Better Plan; price per adult; 198pa

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?outpatient&304/

Regards, Snowyb

I just switched to Glohealth from VHI for my husband and 2 small children, one under 3 who is free and another on the way which will be free.

I just rang their number and happened to get a very informative young chap who talked me through an equivalent plan to what I'm on with VHI and I added on the "better daily care" and it still worked out cheaper and all excesses are lower. They were on a pretty good plan with VHI and I do my research every year so I do know the ins and outs of the policies.

I asked them for another discount on top of the 5% online (or phone) discount and because my home and car insurance is with 123.ie they will give me a €50 one for all voucher.. every little helps.

We'll see how the claims process goes in a years time! He did say that you could claim on the daily care expenses on a monthly basis, if you had a particularly heavy month, expense wise.

So you actually rang and took out the policy through 123.ie. Not directly with Glo. Not trying to be fussy, just wishing to be clear.

No need to be smart. You started by saying you rang their number and then went on that they decided to give you a €50 voucher because you had your house and car with 123.ie which made no sense. As you didnt say you rang 123.ie

Thanks snowy.i was looking on other sites and people don't seem to have problems so far with claims. With savings like 600 euro I think they're worth a go.

Back