Irish Life Health 2A + 1C, AVIVA Business Plan extra, 87% increase in 3 years, renewal 7th of May,

CODO

Hi Looking for some advice on an alternative plan to business plan extra with Aviva. My renewal date is the 7th of May and I was quoted €2,837 for two adults and 1 child (aged 3). That is an 87% increase in 3 years and is just unaffordable for me at this stage.

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Hi,

Here are a few alternative suggestions to consider;

AVIVA HEALTH;

1. Health Plan 06; adult price; 980pa; child price; 356pa; - similar hospital cover and good outpatient cover.(1euro outpatient excess).
2. Health Plan 05; adult price; 946pa; child price; 326pa; - similar hospital cover and good outpatient cover.(50euro outpatient excess).

Note; The only one difference between the above two plans is the outpatient excess, as shown above in brackets.
Also, children can be on a different plan to adults, with the same provider. So, you can mix and match according to your needs.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?97&309&307/

VHI HEALTHCARE;

1. Plan PMI 14 11; adult price; 1050pa child price; 370pa; - similar hospital cover and good outpatient cover.(1euro outpatient excess).
2. Plan PMI 19 11; adult price; 977pa child price; 348pa; - similar hospital cover and good outpatient cover.(50euro outpatient excess).

Note; again the only one difference between these two plans is the outpatient excess, as shown in brackets.
Also, you can mix and match plans for each person with the same provider.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?97&257&266/

GLOHEALTH;

1. Better Plan; adult price; 915pa child price; 230pa - similar hospital cover, limited outpatients.(seperate outpatient plan available)
2. Good Plan; only recommended as an alternative child's plan; child price; 195pa; basic hospital cover,limited outpatient.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?97&298&297/

Outpatient Plan
1. Daily Better Care; adult price; 198pa child price; 99pa - good outpatient cover.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?outpatient&304/

LAYA HEALTHCARE;

1. Total Health Choice; adult price; 1017(1047); child price; 318(327) - similar hospital cover, good outpatients(1euro outpatient excess).
2. Simply Health Excess; adult price; 1019(1049); child price; 344(353) - similar hospital cover,good outpatients(1euro outpatient excess).

Note; the only difference in hospital cover between these two plans, relates to shortfall amounts for hi-tech cover.
Similar outpatient cover, slight difference re dental cover. Prices in brackets include 3% charge if you pay by instalments.
Plan Total Health Choice would be recommended for your child, cheaper price,similar cover.

Comparison is shown here;
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?97&323&279/

All the above plans are worth considering, with plenty of savings to be made.

Regards, Snowyb

Hey, can't thank you enough, that is a great help. I'm leaning towards the Aviva Health Plan 06.

That's a great choice, it ticks all the boxes as an alternative to your current plan. I like to show the full picture of all options available which may be of
help to other readers.

Snowyb

Back