250k should I invest or out on deposit.

B

bobbylewis

I have recently come into some inheritance (250k)but am uncertain what exactly I should do with it. Should I put the sum all on deposit, invest, or spilt the sum over different investment and deposit accounts.

My situation at the moment is.
I’m 28. Mortgage of 220k, personal loans of 18k. I’m currently employed earning 36k, my partner earns 50k, personal loans of 30k between us, have no other savings. Me and my partner have been comfortable up to this point, bills and mortgage have been no problem to pay.

Which investment accounts are good medium to long term preformers?

Which Deposit accounts are offerings the best rates?

You don't post enough about your overall financial/personal circumstances to comment in any meaningful way other than to point you towards the key posts, AAM Guide to Savings & Investments, www.itsyourmoney.ie etc. The best term and demand lump sum and regular saver deposit accounts are summarised in the Financial Best Buys forum. Maybe you should post a more detailed summary of your overall position in the Money Makeover forum? With a sum of €250K you should also consider getting independent, professional guidance.

Without any further information, the only thing which is pretty obvious is that you should pay off the 18k in personal loans. If you are looking for an investment that will definitely outperform a typical personal loan rate - good luck, it doesn't exist. Whether you should pay off the 12k owed by your partner is your decision.

Try to continue paying out the money you are currently paying on your personal loans - except into something which will grow for you like a regular saver or investment plan.