24/West Wing on DVD

Po' Boy

Hey guys
I'm wondering does anyone know when the final season of 24 and the West Wing is available on DVD? I've checked out amazon.com because they usually release earlier than European sites but I can't seem to find the info.

Any ideas?

Po' Boy said:
Hey guys
I'm wondering does anyone know when the final season of 24 and the West Wing is available on DVD? I've checked out amazon.com because they usually release earlier than European sites but I can't seem to find the info.

Any ideas?

Season 5 of 24 should be available in about a month. It's not the final season though, there are at least 2 more on the way.

Oh really?? That's brilliant - I thought this was the last one. Thanks for the info, I'm going to pre-order now, I hate watching those programmes on TV - I always wait til the DVD comes out.

Po' Boy said:
Oh really?? That's brilliant - I thought this was the last one. Thanks for the info, I'm going to pre-order now, I hate watching those programmes on TV - I always wait til the DVD comes out.

Speaking of addictive US TV series, I see that Prison Break Complete Season 1 is out on August 8th in the US - available from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKO3GW/sr=1-3/qid=1154550507/ref=sr_1_3/002-5887510-6930420?ie=UTF8&s=dvd (Amazon.com) for $46/c. €36 including delivery. I am very tempted to buy this and not wait for the Region 2 DVD set which is going to be - wait for it - 45 GBP / €66 on Amazon UK BEFORE delivery so about double including delivery. Shameful.

The other thing that really annoys me is releasing box sets in two parts so that you spend more money.

I've found www.dvdpacific.com excellent to deal with, their prices are generally cheaper than amazon.com and I've never been hit with customs charges either which can be a worry if you're ordering from outside the EU. Another site worth checking is www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk which includes postage costs to the UK (more or less same for here). The Cd Wow hong kong site (Google it) also sometimes has American Dvds or Hong Kong ones earlier and cheaper than UK sites. Just before you buy anything make sure your player is multi-region otherwise you'll be limiting your options. ebay can also be a good source.

gar123 said:
what about www.play.com or [broken link removed] both free delivery

They are good for very popular titles but are expensive for box sets. Also, they charge a premium for limited edition versions which is not always justified.

Recently bought 24 - Season 3 from CD Wow for approx €29.00
Within a week, saw the same boxed set in Virgin for €79, and HMV for €44.