VHI 21 day cooling off period in VHI in November?

change

Hi All,
I've just downgraded my VHI cover at my renewal, and I was told that in November VHI offers 3 weeks cooling off period to give people more time to figure out what to do after 2014 Budget announcement. When I asked if I can have it in writing I was told that this is what it is and it is not written anywhere. I'm considering canceling my private insurance as things are not going well at work and I may loose my job within 2-3 weeks, so having extended cooling off period would suit me, but can I trust them if it is not in writing? Anyone heard about that from VHI recently?

I looked at both websites, nothing about it. Strangely one Vhi rep told me 3 weeks cooling off period applies now, then 2 days later another rep said two weeks only, so I asked: isn't it 3 weeks, and then he said 'oh sorry, it is 3 weeks'. Very confusing...

It's on both web sites. Don't know where you are looking...:)
Cooling off periods are standard when changing cover etc.

It's on both web sites. Don't know where you are looking...:)
Cooling off periods are standard when changing cover etc.

Sorry, but where do you see on VHI website that 21 days cooling off period applies now?

To clarify, I did not say 21 days-just 'cooling off' period. Sorry if that caused confusion. I though you were questioning whether there was a cooling off period at all-rather than specifically 21 days. If there is an extended promotional period, it may not be in the standard terms, FAQ.
You have it verbally and the call is most likely recorded any way (for training and quality purposes :) )

Back