20GB Ipod with No charger

ranger

Hi,

Bought new ipod . Cost 400 euro . Cam e with no charger. My sister bought the same IPOD in Spain with charger for 279 euro. I went back to the shop and asked why I didn't get a charger. The reply doesn't come with ipod. When I explained my sister bought the exact same one in Spain for considerably less and it came with a charge, I was told you should have got her to buy you one for cheaper. This is daylight robbery. The charge cost me 30 euro. An extra 150 euro.

ranger

I thought that most recent iPods came with no charger and just the USB cable for charging and download? The last one I bought in the US for somebody (80GB) had none anyway and the shop said that this was standard. As far as I recall the box contained a clear description of contents (i.e. player, USB data/charging cable, CD & notes). They had an offer of a free mains/car charger and car FM transmitter but were out of them. Perhaps the Spanish iPod came with some similar free add-on?

Just shows you the point of shopping around before you buy. Aren't you great not to mention the shop that gave you such good service!!

From the prices quoted on the Apple site it looks like yours is an 80G and your sisters is a 30G. Hasn't been a 20G in a while.

Spain - [broken link removed]

IRL - [broken link removed]

Clubman is right they haven't come with chargers in a while. See the "Whats in the Box" section on the site. Looks like your sister got a good deal to have it included.