2020 Statement of Liability available already

MugsGame

Frequent Poser
Hats off to Revenue who seem to have resolved all the ROS systems issues from last year - my 2020 statement of liability was ready for me this morning, and I was able to submit my 2020 tax return this afternoon.

Yes. That said, I'm paid mid-month so my employer had already submitted returns; probably not true for everyone.

Yes, but that didn't seem to help this time last year - it was late January 2020 before I could submit my claim for a 2019 refund.

Is it possible for PUP recipients to submit the 2020 tax return yet - will Revenue have up to date details of payments received and how they're going to be treated for PRSI and USC purposes?

Trying to do the return. couldn't find a place to put 'stay and spend' tax credit.

Yes, but that didn't seem to help this time last year - it was late January 2020 before I could submit my claim for a 2019 refund.

Last year was the first year of it so there were still bugs to be worked out which slowed it down for some taxpayers.

Anybody know ...when filling a joint tax return it seems like ( probably a GDPR issue ) that both parties need to log on separetly and tick their respective declaration box. Does that seem right ... previous years my declaration under my logon was all that was required.

Trying to do the return. couldn't find a place to put 'stay and spend' tax credit.

I saw it while I was completing mine - it’s submitted so I can’t tell you exactly where, but as far as I recall it was same main screen as health expenses under a different section.

Is it possible for PUP recipients to submit the 2020 tax return yet - will Revenue have up to date details of payments received and how they're going to be treated for PRSI and USC purposes?

I'd like to know the same

I'd like to know the same
I don't think you can yet. My husband received the wage subsidy for a few weeks last year and we wanted to pay the tax due on this ASAP. He cant file a return online yet, he just gets an error. My account however I can do my return right now to claim my health expenses, but I didn't receive any pandemic payments.

PUP was not updated when i checked today,
Also the Employment Investment Incentive section is out of date, i raised a ticket with Revenue, double checked and my EII contact, and they told me, they had noticed the Revenue 2020 online return, has not been updated to allow for 100% tax relief on 2020 EII claims, so an update is needed.

Last edited:
Thank you. sorted now.
I did this via the Revenue Receipts App Tracker, you can add the receipts in there,and this is picked up, on the tax return, you can also use it for Medical Expenses, Remote Working Expenses & Other Expenses etc as well. The idea, is, you add the receipts, as they happen, and you add a photo of each receipt.

Back