2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI

Newbie!

Hi, we recently bought a 1.6 TDCI focus and in general, we're happy with the car but we only seem to be getting about 43 mpg. I drive it mainly in moving (slowly!) traffic during the week but it would generally get a good leg stretch on the weekends.

Does this mpg sound a bit low to anyone or are there other factors I should be taking into consideration?
thanks.

As far as I know, the mpg of cars is not tested by the manufacturers in slow moving traffic so you cant judge by this.

As far as I know, the mpg of cars is not tested by the manufacturers in slow moving traffic so you cant judge by this.

Would be interested to know what other ford focus diesel owners are getting though.

Try resetting the mpg calculator and see what its like on a good spin. At 50mph, it should be doing about 55mpg I'd say.

Avergage over last year is always around 52-53mpg for me, not really any city driving but mostly open roads and with aircon on 90% of time... Your seems a little low but slow moving city driving would be hard on Diesel no doubt so that may be the norm for your current driving pattern.