2008 Ford Focus Zetec TDCI - Engine Fault

mohenley

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms on Ford Focus?

About 2 weeks ago the engine fault light came on my car and after few days the lights would come on and off by themselves (headlights). I took it to ford garage for diagnostics but when they came to run the check the engine light went off so the diagnostics did not show anything. Since then it has come on and off again and the lights keep going on and off, moreso when stuck in traffic and changing gears (seems ok on dual carriageway and motorway). I have it booked in for a service this week and hope that the light stays on so can get it resolved but just wondered if anyone had experienced this? Thanks

Ring Ford Customer Service especially if it's still under warranty. The quicker you complain the quicker the problem will be solved.

Thanks. Took it to garage as was due a service and they think it is either wiring or fusebox problem - either way they need more time which is more labour costs.

This is an import from the UK which has 3 year warranty. Does anyone know if the 3 year warranty applies in Ireland in this situation and if so does it cover labour? The Ford garage in Ireland is going to check but just wondering if anyone knows - so I have the information to hand before they come back to me.