2007 mondeo 1.6??

macnas

The new Mondeo 2007 has a 1.6 cc base engine. Surely a car as large needs a bigger engine? I read that in Ireland over 50% of the Mondeo will be Base models. Cad digging tu?

Nope. The 1.6 will be available in 110bhp and 125 bhp versions. The latter is a VVT engine and is well up to it. The former is more marginal.

The base models will be well specced too.

The price list up on the ford website only show a 1.6 @110bhp. What is the stroy with the 125bhp one is it going to be released later.

Any infor on the lx spec - nothing listed yet taht i can see
Tnx

Yep. No sign of it. Would be a serious error if they launched without it here imho.

Just checked www.ford.co.uk - over there the 1.6 125bhp engine is standard on base models.

Could it be a mis-print.

When i rang the garage last month the never mentioned the 100bhp. I got the impression only a 125bhp.

Would the 125bhp still be enough for the estate model. Presume this is a bit heavier than the 4/5 doors. Do you have any idea when they will be on the forecourts.

Tnx

Reading this weeks issue of autoexpress, the Mondeo appears huge...longer and taller than a 5 series BMW and Passat. A 1.6L engine is a very bad idea

Just to clarify .

This would be a family car in our case and mostly used for school runs trip from Leixlip into Dublin - round trip 35km.

Occasional trip to wexford but no significant long drives.

Tnx

Reading this weeks issue of autoexpress, the Mondeo appears huge...longer and taller than a 5 series BMW and Passat. A 1.6L engine is a very bad idea

Depends totally on the 1.6 engine. A strong one (125bhp) with sufficient torque (aided by variable valve timing) would be ok.

A weaker one will struggle. The 1.6 in the current Passat is rubbish for example.

Back