2001 Mondeo - Central Locking Problem

vladamir

key fob will open the car remotley.

key fob will not lock the car remotley.

when the lock button on the fob is pressed, the car makes the 'clicky' sound but the car does not actually lock.

this would suggest to me that there is nothing wrong with the fob as it is sending a signal to the car - the car is not performing the correct action when it receives the signal.

the car locks (and alarms) perfectly when the key is inserted in the door.

the guy who services my car (mechanic but not main dealer) said he cannot fix this and i need to go to a ford dealer.

anyone any idea what might be involved in fixing this? i'm really wondering if its something so costly that its not worth fixing? i'm not too bothered using the key in the door - but would rather fix it if it wont break the bank.

thanks.

Are you sure that the fob will open all doors remotely?
Are all doors locked when you activate the unlock from the fob?
Unusual that it will unlock and not lock

Sounds like a problem I have at the minute but with my car it is restricted to the drivers door - won't lock or unlock remotely but all other doors will

I would bring it to a Ford dealer and at least get an estimate then you can decide if it's worth it or not.

At least your mechanic was up front and gave you sound advice, in my case the mechanic I use dived headlong into a problem which after much faffing about proved to be beyond him!!

key fob will open the car remotley.

key fob will not lock the car remotley.

when the lock button on the fob is pressed, the car makes the 'clicky' sound but the car does not actually lock.

this would suggest to me that there is nothing wrong with the fob as it is sending a signal to the car - the car is not performing the correct action when it receives the signal.

the car locks (and alarms) perfectly when the key is inserted in the door.

the guy who services my car (mechanic but not main dealer) said he cannot fix this and i need to go to a ford dealer.

anyone any idea what might be involved in fixing this? i'm really wondering if its something so costly that its not worth fixing? i'm not too bothered using the key in the door - but would rather fix it if it wont break the bank.

thanks.

when you lock your doors using the remote does your hazard lights flash?
are all the door opening when you use the remote did you physically check them?

you can test the lock system.
if you sit in the car .make sure all doors are shut.cycle the key in the ignition from 0 to position 2 which is when the lights come on not starting after ten times the door locks will cycle from lock to open .when the locks stop opening and closing press the door lock button on the fob wait 30 seconds and try the remote to see has it reset itself
let me know how you get on .where are you based ?

thanks for the tips.

the key fob opens all doors - it makes a beep when doing this but no hazzards flash.

the key fob will not lock any doors and no hazzard lights flash - although it does make a sound as though the doors were locking.

when locked manually the hazzard lights do flash.

i will try to reset it as suggested and let you know if that works.

i'm based in dublin, near harmonstown ford so would prob try them if it comes to that.

thanks again.

ok, tried that.

did it with doors closed, not locked. from position 0 to 2 and back ten times did nothing.

did it with doors locked (i cant seem to lock the doors without arming the alarm) - from position 0 to 2 and back ten times and the alarm goes off - doors dont change from locked to open.

however, the fob will now lock the car!

it hasn't worked correctly in about five months - every now and again it works for a few days and then goes again. so maybe its just a coincidence that its working again?

the hazzards dont flash when i lock it with the fob - have to press the lock button twice for that.

thanks again.

the hazard lights should only flash when the fob is pressed twice to show the car is in dead lock mode .the sometimes go out of sync when the battery in thee fob goes low,kinda common problem

Back