2 TVs only one cable point

wishbone

Hi there, I had one TV, and was given a second, old but working, TV. I want to put the 2nd TV into another room where there is no NTL box. What are my choices other than plugging a splitter into my existing box and running a big long cable from one room to another. (not attractive)

I'm looking for cheap and cheerful as it's only temporary. I don't want to sink wires into walls or drill holes to take the cable down from the attic. Is there a FTA option, or something easy to set up? (that possibly doesn't require a satellite dish?)
Just looking for ideas at the moment. Other option is to just use it for DVD/Video playing.

Thanks!

I'm looking for cheap and cheerful as it's only temporary. I don't want to sink wires into walls or drill holes to take the cable down from the attic. Is there a FTA option, or something easy to set up?

A digisender may meet your requirement, though may not be cheap and cheerful.

For

Alternatively, you could get an aerial and content yourself with only getting the 4 Irish channels on it, but use it for DVD viewing/game-playing too.

Am I right in saying that the digisender will only be able to transmit the channel that the ntl box is set to? So tv2 will have to show what is being watched on tv1?

Am I right in saying that the digisender will only be able to transmit the channel that the ntl box is set to? So tv2 will have to show what is being watched on tv1?

If OP wants a cheap and cheerful solution that does not involve running an analog cable, the options are limited.

Thanks to everyone for comments, yes seems options are very limited, we'll do the indoor aerial (4 channels) and connect up DVD/Vid.
thanks again.

Happy to help :)

By the way, the cable & splitter option is handy for occasional use - I used to do that if there was a need to have 2 non-terrestrial channels on at the same time. Just roll up the cable when it's not being used.

If you have NTL, and attach a digisender to a video/DVD recorder which takes feed from the NTL box/cable, you can set it up so that you can watch the NTL digital feed on one TV and the analogue feed on the other.

Happy to help :)

By the way, the cable & splitter option is handy for occasional use - I used to do that if there was a need to have 2 non-terrestrial channels on at the same time. Just roll up the cable when it's not being used.

You know, that's not a bad suggestion - it is for occasional use! All I could think of was big ugly cable, for some reason I never thought it could be temporary! Have a nice weekend!

Back