2 identical twins- One is witnessed committing a crime but which one ?

S

stir crazy

I wonder if the great minds on this forum could answer a question which has been bugging me for a while.

Maybe this comes from a detective show I watched as a kid before homework but I think I was sent to bed too early to watch the end :(

Suppose that of 2 identical twins- One is witnessed committing a crime for example entering a public place and shooting somebody. But neither twin has an alibi as it happened so quickly and unexpectedly. Assuming also that there were nothing linking one of the twins to the gun or to the crime.

Under these circumstances how would the law work ? Knowing that one was 100% guilty and one was 100% innocent but both protesting innocence ? Would they both get off totally free ?

they both get off ....unless someone can show which one it was beyond all reasonable doubt....

they both get off ....unless someone can show which one it was beyond all reasonable doubt....

Yeah I guess I knew the answer. It would be just so weird to know that one of them did it and was walking around scot free. But I supposed theyd lose a lot of time to being picked up and questioned again and again and be in the media constantly. Again its just a hypothetical scenario.

If we were in the middle ages the answer would be straight forward. The first twin to be, ahem, "questioned". Obvious innit!

Would a polygraph not work? If you knew one of them did it and questioned both.

Would a polygraph not work? If you knew one of them did it and questioned both.

Would not be anywhere near the standard of evidence required for a conviction...even if it was admissible...

Yeah I guess I knew the answer. It would be just so weird to know that one of them did it and was walking around scot free. But I supposed theyd lose a lot of time to being picked up and questioned again and again and be in the media constantly. Again its just a hypothetical scenario.

Do you have an indentical twin perhaps?????;)

is it not like the two people going for the same job and both do a good interview. which one gets the job?

Back