2 gang to 3 gang socket converters

albob

Hi,
has anyone ever used one of those 2 gang to 3 gang socket converters? Are they any good or would I be as well off getting an electrician in and putting in a proper 3/4 socket plug.
Thanks

got one in B&Q goes from 2g to 4g, all 4g are switched. Easy to put on not expensive ( think €16-20 ). For long term though you can't beat a properly wired socket. Only prob with wired is if the existing socket is flush with wall then need to chase out (if wall is solid & not partition) wider opening to sink in. Surface sockets just don't look as good IMO.

Have bought and connected a 2-3 gang convertor. Bought it ins B&Q for 27e. Expensive enough, but the cost of a normal 3 gang switched socket and back plate came to about 20e so the 7e seems to be worth it to save the hastle of digging out the wall. The coverter is actually <1cm thicker that the regular socket so not too bad.

Hi,
has anyone ever used one of those 2 gang to 3 gang socket converters? Are they any good or would I be as well off getting an electrician in and putting in a proper 3/4 socket plug.
Thanks

B&Q is your place for that - I went with a friend to pick some up not 3 weeks ago