2 boxes "no satellite signal being received"

Irish Garden

Hello all.
Maybe someone could shed some light on this recent odd situation.
I was watching BBC 3 yesterday evening, when all of a sudden, the channel stops and I get a banner saying "no satellite signal being received".
This was the same on all channels, connections tight, with or without the card.
Outside there are no trees or such in the way of the dish and it was a calm evening.

So today, I pulled out an old pace box that we had lying around and hooked it up, what should appear but BBC 1. It was an old EPG with all the FTA channels.
Great I said, nothing wrong with my dish or LNB and no need to buy a new box.
I rang sky up to get the card paired with the box and it took about 10 mins, as the box required all the software upgrades. Followed sky's instructions to a tee, turned on the box, only to be confronted by another "no satellite signal being received".
After the 2nd box receiving channels earlier and receiving the downloads, I could not believe it.

Does anyone have any ideas, what’s next?
Should I just opt for a change to sky plus which a local installer is offering me? Maybe that will cut out the bad link in the chain?

Ok, just put on the box there and what do you know, it works fine now.
I will now see how long the signal lasts, perhaps it is an intermittent fault with the LNB. My first box may have been ok all along.

Sometimes you need to reset your set top box. Just turn off at the mains for 5 seconds, then leave on standby for 30-60 seconds and usually it corrects itself. Been having some trouble myself lately with some channels - UK Gold 2, BBC3, BBC4, Channel 4. Can sometimes be just crappy weather affecting a particular band width of signal.

We're having the same problem ourselves. Only happens on certain channels, RTE, BBC UTV, and we get the same error code every time, no. 28. Had our LNB replaced, our box replaced and are having a third engineer come tomorrow to try sort it out. I'm so fed up and want out of the contract but we're signed into a 12 month contract with SKY.