2.0TDI 05 Golf-Loss of Power on Naas Road

JQ2002

Hi,

For the second time in a row my 2.0 TDI golf has lost power in the exact same spot on the Naas road. I am returning from the Country and just before the re-devloped Johnstown junction as I come of fthe motor way my car just would appear to de-activate the cruise control and slow down and loose the umphh the TDI engine has. No warning lights or anything appear.

I called garage and explain problem and they said that if there was any issue loads of warning lights would appear and not to worry about it.

Same thing happened last night and again I pulled over the car and re-started it. Then everything was back normal.

Am I mad to think there might be some magnetic field or something in the area, has anyone else had similar problems?

Should I be concerned?

Cheers,

Scientifically, you're probably mad! From personal experience, I had a similar thing happen to me on a different road (and different car) for several weeks. The turbo would die and I would have loads of power up to about 2000 rpm, then there would be NOTHING.

It turned out to be a faulty dump valve on the turbo which was sticking open. There was no explanation as to why it was the same point on the road, although it was going up a hill at 120 km/h.

Yep....I know whats happened here...26 years ago, tragically an old vw beetle crashed to death there and it`s remains is buried beneath the new motorway at Johnstown, most vw`s give a little shudder goin` past. hehe.:)

Back