1st service for BMW - cost and service items

Yachtie

Would anyone be able to advise on what service items are mandatory for a first service (30000km) and what should I expect to pay for this. My car is an 07 BMW 116i.

I rang the garage to make an appointment and did ask what will they be doing but the man there said 'whatever needs doing'. I would like to avoid annoying things that happened int he past such as having to pay €10 for a windscreen washer fluid and a new set of windscreen wipers eventhough the washer bottle was full and wipers are ok. That kinda stuff...

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
I recently got my car (318)serviced in Belfast (insp 1) for 230 pounds. I was quoted 500+ in Dublin BMW dealer.

I used Bavarian BMW and service was excellent. They drop you in Belfast while service is being carried out and pick you up also.

Hi,
I recently got my car (318)serviced in Belfast (insp 1) for 230 pounds. I was quoted 500+ in Dublin BMW dealer.

I used Bavarian BMW and service was excellent. They drop you in Belfast while service is being carried out and pick you up also.

Thanks for your reply steelblue! What did they do?

My car (07 Ford focus) is booked into a Ford dealer for it's 1st service next week. €160.

I rang the garage to make an appointment and did ask what will they be doing but the man there said 'whatever needs doing'.

I'd be curious to know which dealer said that, which I'd consider as completely unacceptable.

The very least they should be able to do is give an acurate estimate for the standard service items. Fair enough is something additional is encountered, though I'd always ask for a phone call if that's the case.

All the garage has to do is read the data off your key, and give you an idea as to what needs doing. Drop into a bmw garage to have it read. I find customer service off a bmw garage extremely good, and the service guys "fair" - i.e. they don't do what any of the 3 previous makes of cars I have had do... I had Honda * 2 , VW and a toyota all do the same - change the wipers, washer, sparks etc. regardless of the mileage and length of time since last service.

BMW service surprisingly not too bad on price . nowhere near the eur500 quoted earlier, but obviously if you are up into timing belts, brake pads etc, then it will obviously influence the cost.

BMW service surprisingly not too bad on price . nowhere near the eur500 quoted earlier, but obviously if you are up into timing belts, brake pads etc, then it will obviously influence the cost.[/quote]

You dont know what you are talking about. I have been driving BMW's for years and have had them all serviced with various BMW garages in Dublin. The standard oil change service is approx 300 euros (the oil alone is 80 euros plus vat) and an inspection 1 is approx 500 euros. BMW's dont have timing belts either.

Back