1k for just ONE window fitted, Gorey, Wexford!

LadyJane

This is hilarious. I need a window fitted in our bathroom to replace the existing one that is just a solid pane of glass - won't open. I rang East Coast Conservatories and Windows and asked if I could get just one window - the man said yes but that it would cost me 1,000! Cue insane laughing on my side and a quick "good luck".

Any wonder our economy is in tatters?

that is high, but not unusual.

cost in
1. the price of the window, depending on spec and size
2. cost of time and travel from base to client
3. cost in man hours for two persons to travel, remove existing and install new and return
4. include arbitory costs of insurances, equipment, transport etc

Its not an unrealistic cost for a proper service.

Yes. I am shopping around.

I will let you know what final price I go for. I don't accept that 1k for a small bathroom window is not an unrealistic cost. But best of luck to them if they get people to pay those prices! I certainly won't be one of them.

Even with the breakdown mentioned below, I do feel the world has gone mad if 1k is considered reasonable for a 1ft x 2 ft window.

Have you tried Capital Windows in Clonard, Wexford? We found them very good quality plus personal touch when we built our extension last year.

There's also KK windows in that area - I think near Ferns - haven't used them myself but know someone who works for them and he said they're a good company.

that is high, but not unusual.

cost in
1. the price of the window, depending on spec and size
2. cost of time and travel from base to client
3. cost in man hours for two persons to travel, remove existing and install new and return
4. include arbitory costs of insurances, equipment, transport etc

Its not an unrealistic cost for a proper service.

I agree with Syd on this.

Basically its cheaper to buy in bulk.

I don't believe you'll find anybody who'll do it much cheaper.

If you do post that companys details.

I have 2 companies coming out to have a look and price it (even though it is just one measly window). We will be replacing all the windows eventually as they are single glazed but at the moment, the priority is the bathroom, and we can't afford to redo the whole house at present.

I will certainly let you know the companies and the quotations.

Last edited:
Gorey Glazing has come back with a price of 350 and KK windows is coming in at 500 although he is willing also to come out and have a look.

Quite a difference from 1k!

Shopping around pays off.

Last edited:
Well done for shopping around, the more people start turning down silly quotes the sooner the prevailing rip-off culture will disappear!

Best price was from Gorey Glazing, 300 for the window, old window removal and installation of the new window. I would recommend them as I rang for a quote on Tuesday afternoon, Simon came out on Thursday morning to have a look, and we agreed a price with no pressure to change every window in the house.

Back