Irish Life Health 1A 61yo Aviva Business Plan Choice €1,040

STEINER

Hi,

I was chatting to my aunt and she mentioned her health insurance is up for renewal. Health insurance comparison is the one thing I actually dread having to do!

She is on Aviva Business Plan Choice, up for renewal shortly at €1,040 per annum, aged 61 next birthday, no health issues at all.

Is there a good alternative scheme with any cost saving?

She just mentioned also that her husband's company recently changed the employee's health insurer's to Aviva. Could my aunt be added to her husband's Aviva policy in some way to save some money?

Hello Steiner,

There are a selection of alternative options to suit your aunt.
The plan she's on at the moment 'Business Plan Choice' has limited outpatient cover - ie high outpatient excess 200.
So, here are a few suggestions with similar cover with all four providers;

1. Aviva; Level 2 Health Excess; adult price; 904pa; similar hospital cover + same limited outpatient cover.
2. Glohealth; Better Plan; adult price; 915&pa; similar hospital cover + same limited outpatient cover.
3. VHI Healthcare; One Plan; adult price; 943pa; similar hospital cover + same limited outpatient cover.
4. Laya Healthcare; Health Sense Connect; price; 920pa; same hospital cover + same limited outpatient cover. (this is a new plan, release
date 1st August 2013) no link to HIA.ie until 1/8/2013.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?215&249&298&105/

There are also alternative options, which include outpatient cover if required at good prices.
www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?215&252&307&309/

The only catch is, the 3 companies Aviva, VHI and Glohealth apply a year waiting time for upgraded outpatient cover for a person aged 61 yrs.

Laya Healthcare is the only company that has no waiting times for outpatient cover.
They have a new plan 'Simply Health Connect' coming out on 1st August 2013. Price 960pa.
Full details not available on HIA.ie until 1/8/2013 - well worth considering.
Laya Healthcare are also the only company that have no co-payments for orthopaedic surgery, all other companies charge 2000 for hip or
knee replacement surgery in a private hospital. Just something to be aware of, maybe at a later stage.

www.hia.ie/latest-news/latest-news/...nnect-and-health-sense-connect-on-01.08.2013/

Regarding joining your uncle's corporate plan scheme, most companies allow families to join at the special price. They would have to
make enquiries with his employer about that.
If not, there are plenty of options above to choose from at cheaper prices for similar cover.

Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb. I'll digest all that and see what's best for my aunt.

Thanks again Snowyb. My aunt told me she switched to Laya, and got a quote of €840, saving €200. I didn't pry and ask exactly what plan, but she said she has cover for private hospital inpatient semi-private room which she didn't have before and an excess of €250.

Back