15X bus and correct bus stops.

liaconn

Has anyone else had trouble working out where this bus stops in Rathfarnham?

When I first started getting it, it would stop once on the Rathgar Road and then was non-stop until the first stop at Rathfarnham village at which point it let people off at all of the bus stops along the route. Then one evening the driver refused to stop at the second stop at the village, informing me that the 15X only let passengers off at the first bus stop at the village and then not until Whitecliffe Road.

Then a couple of weeks ago the driver told me this was incorrect, the bus lets passengers off at all stops from Rathfarnham village on. This evening the driver refused to stop in the village at all and insisted that Whitecliffe Road is the first point for drop off.

I rang Dublin Bus who said that its supposed to stop from the village on, and have given me the number of an Inspector to ring tomorrow to report the matter to. I'd just like to know if other people have experienced trouble with this bus as it would be handy to know, before I speak with him, if there's general confusion or if its just a couple of drivers making up their own rules.

Re: 15X bus

I can't speak for this bus route but I had terrible trouble with one of the other express services, it is supposed to be non-stop from town but it stops at one particular stop (I go this info on the timetable), the first few times I got the bus it was fine then randomly the driver would just drive straight past me. I was so mad I e-mailed to complain and in fairness they replied very quickly and it does stop now for me. I would definitely advise you to ring the inspector and if it happens again send them an e-mail

I think the 15x is an awful route for the price you pay. apart from the first leg of the journey it is not faster than any other bus that you would pay a lesser fare for. I noticed inconsistencies at stops as well.

Back