125,000 miles too much on 2001 BMW 320d

Babsy

I was looking at a 2001 BMW 320d with 125,000 miles on the clock and an asking price of 10000 euro. Am I asking for trouble or is this ok for a diesel car?
thanks,
Babsy

I was looking at a 2001 BMW 320d with 125,000 miles on the clock and an asking price of 10000 euro. Am I asking for trouble or is this ok for a diesel car?
thanks,
Babsy

Its fine for BMW diesel with a full service history... price is a bit rich for that millage though... i'd say 8k would be more like it...

it a good deal , especially for a diesel , maybe haggle on the price though , as jhegarty has said, its a bit steep

Was this ad on carzone? I am amazed at some of the prices that are being asked for cars on that site. A lot of them are way overpriced and especially for the age of the vehicle.

thanks for your replys, the car is just a private sale (friend of a friend) in Louth. Its a N reg asking for 6,500 but it will cost me 3,500 to pay VRT

Its fine for BMW diesel with a full service history... price is a bit rich for that millage though... i'd say 8k would be more like it...

If it has a full service history and will pass a MOT/NCT test then perhaps 7 to 8k

The engine should be ok but remeber the underpinnings, suspension, cv joints etc if you really want it get a mechanic to give it a good check.

I know two sales reps with 320d's, and both suffered serious turbo failures snapped shafts one at 77k and the other at only 55k. The cars were well maintained by decent BMW dealers and neither driver hacked them as they are far from the boy racer age

Apparently, Turbo failure was a common fault on these cars. To be completely safe you may want to look for a price to get it replaced with a redesigned one from the later models.

Too many miles for my liking. Buy one with half that maybe, import one perhaps, and after June too.

yeah i dont think it s too bad

my audi a6 tdi has 120 k miles, goes great and never had a problem, modern engines are really able for it,, my prefernce would be audi over BMW ,, heard of a 520 d that snapped two crankshafts for no reason ,, mine is on the market.

I'd only buy it if it was an irish car, all the rep mobiles from the uk are clocked, good car had three of them a 00 with 136bhp and 110000, 02 with 150 and 46k and another mtec 02 150 with 55k, they never gave me a day of trouble, shop around for better deal get a desirable one with MTEC with xenons if possible.

I'd only buy it if it was an irish car, all the rep mobiles from the uk are clocked, good car had three of them a 00 with 136bhp and 110000, 02 with 150 and 46k and another mtec 02 150 with 55k, they never gave me a day of trouble, shop around for better deal get a desirable one with MTEC with xenons if possible.
All the repmobiles from uk are usually on lease, so when the lease is up and they come on the market the cars are sold with a full service history. the service history will confirm the mileage for you. also, do a hpi check to make sure everything works out ok. Its much safer to buy from the uk actually

I have to agree with steph.

The information that is made available concerning used cars and prices in Ireland is terrible.

I wonder why that is?

Perhaps less information available = people paying too much for used cars.

I personally never did or never will buy a car from a garage in ireland. you just get totally and utterly ripped off. the prices that some garages ask for their cars is just ridiculous, and as soon as you drive them off the forecourt the car is worth thousands less. a friend had a 04 mondeo which she bought from a garage. she went back to the same garage one year later and offered her 7000 less for her car on a trade in. she wanted to buy the same model mondeo but on a 06 plate. the 06 car was also overpriced by at least 5000 euro. she was getting fleeced.

It looks like your friend either gave in too easily or simply bought thewrong car.

How many used Ford Mondeos are there out there?

Back