10ft ladder fell on car bonnet

60watt

Hi,

I was cleaning the windows on my house when I knocked my 10ft ladder, it fell on to the bonnet of my car in the drive.
This ladder is heavy and made a big bang and put a big dent on the bonnet and wing.
The worst part is now when I start the car all the controls on the dash are malfunctioning, and its saying "urgent electrical service required". Its not drivable in this state.

Does anybody know if its reasonable in this situation to think that I can claim of my car insurance for the body repair and the repair of the engine electronics ?
I have fully comprehensive insurance and I'm trying to find my T&C before I ring them.

Thanks

Awh man, that sucks. you must've been raging !!!

What kind of car is it?

The sensors probably detected an impact and thought you were in a crash.
Does the engine start ? I'd be very surprised if the car isn't absolutely fine, under the skin.

Personally, I'd get it to a diagnostic centre which can interpret ECU fault codes and reset them, rather than a main dealer.

A panel beater will probably be able to sort the damage for a couple of hundred bucks, depending on the extent of the damage and your location.

Check out your policy for NCB protection and contact the insurers to see what the loading on your policy would be if you don't have it.