1000's "UtterlyButterly" tubs washed up in WX. Joe Duffy: May contain Sodium Chloride

ajapale

1000's "UtterlyButterly" tubs washed up in WX. Joe Duffy: May contain Sodium Chloride.

Joe Duffy in LiveLine was discussing the fact that thousands of "utterly butterly" tubs have been washed up on the shore line in Counties Wexford and Waterford. This came about as a result of containers being lost over board during a storm last month.

One lady rang Joe to say that the local council (or perhaps the EPA) advised her to stay away from stuff washed up in this manner as it may contain Sodium Chloride.

She didnt say whether exposure to this chemical resulted in any ill effects!

Re: 1000's "UtterlyButterly" tubs washed up in WX. Joe Duffy: May contain Sodium Chlo

I don't think that sodium chloride is too great a concern. I would be much more worried about dihydrogen monoxide which has also been detected in the area.

Brendan

Re: 1000's "UtterlyButterly" tubs washed up in WX. Joe Duffy: May contain Sodium Chlo

We are in serious trouble if the sodium chloride mixes with the dihydrogen monoxide and get in the ocean.

What worries me most is their failure to warn her about the deoxyribonucleic acid detected in life-forms in the area. More worryingly these life-forms seem to display a certain dependence on the sodium chloride and the dihydrogen monoxide. This critically important information has not been included in any advisory issued.

I can't believe it's not butter.

plenty of sodium chloride in water = Dead Sea
at least the tubs will float nicely ...

plenty of sodium chloride in water = Dead Sea
at least the tubs will float nicely ...
Are we talking specifics here or just the specific gravity of Icantbelieveitsnotutterlybutterly?

Are we talking specifics here or just the specific gravity of Icantbelieveitsnotutterlybutterly?

sodium chloride, rather ... i can believe it's not butter

Touche!

I take this thread with a pinch of salt.

The story's spread anyway.

Stop.

Just stop.