10 month old Bosch HBN 13N5.ob oven. Supposed to be self cleaning.

T

Tamerton

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem that we currently have with our 10 month old Bosch HBN 13N5.ob oven.

It is supposed to be self cleaning (although the manual doesn't say how to start the self cleaning process).

On the floor of the oven there is what looks like a black/brown sticky substance all over it. It isn't food, and to be honest we don't do an awful lot of cooking in it. It just will not clean off and I don't know how to get rid of it.

A friend had a similar problem with her oven (not the same make as mine) and she just had to scrape it off, but I am worried about damaging the oven doing that.

Any replies will be gratefully received

Tam

Re: Bosch Oven

Mr Muscle oven cleaner took it off for me. My sil has a self cleaning oven which she sets monthly to clean her oven and I have never heard her complaining about it.

Brown sticky stuff does sound like drips of some kind from whatever was in the oven. Sticky and hard to budge, like toffee...I used a wire wool scratchy on mine and it came up fine, no damage done. In my oven the material used on the bottom is very different to that on the sides, it looks more like enamel and resists a lot of scratching...not to say it's the same as yours...just worked for mine. Does it self clean if you turn up the heat really high? Often the idea is just to burn the bejaysus out of the stuff so that it reduces to ash...

btw are you sure it's self cleaning?
There's no little black dot which means yes in the relevant column of this manual...

Thanks for all the replies. Think I am gonna get the wire wool and just give it a go. Its not food drips - its all over the oven, and all I do is jacket potatoes, I am not a great cook. Reading the replies (even though manual says it is) I don't think mine is self cleaning.

Thank you

If it is self cleaning then I wouldn't recommond using anything abrasive on it until you have checked with Bosch. They are very helpful and should be able to give you some advice. I found them very good and customer friendly. Try ringing them. They used to have a showrooms in Tallaght where they gave demonstrations on machines but I see they have moved.