1.3 CDTi Diesel Astra

aircobra19

Someone in the family is looking at an 06 one of these. While theres nothing fundamentally wrong with it I think theres better cars to be had for 17~19k. my choice would be to pay approx another 2k and get a Skoda Octavia Diesel. Any thoughts.

I think you've just answered your own question there:rolleyes: Try the two cars out but I think you'll opt for the Octavia in the end.The Octavia's are becoming expensive I think.The price of success I suppose.

Thats a harder one to call.Personally I'd go for the astra in that case,better resale and definitely better looking:)

I aree the Astra is indeed nicer! Octavis is a good quality car.

Most of those comments are about the Corsa which has a slightly different tuned engine. 75bhp vs 90bhp in the Astra. Its probably the same basic engine though. Problems with the engine managment light with Opels seem quite common across all their engines, both their engines petrol and diesels. Its not always a problem, just the light comes on. But dealers seem unable to fix it. Our old astra had the light come on now and then but it never caused any problems.

Having driven the Astra, 1.3CDTi the lag, hesitation they are talking about, I also noticed but I thought it was simply turbo lag. Was overcome by simply revving a bit more. But then again maybe they are talking about a different problem who knows.

I'd have though the .13CDTI might struggle a bit in heavier estate though.

Back