08 toyota corolla saloon 1.4 petrol problem?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

widescreen

Folks,

I have one of the above cars. Got it a year ago as a little used fleet model. Going perfectly, around 22k (kms) on clock.

I have an issue which I would like to see if other owners have experienced. In certain weather conditions, usually rain,damp etc, the windscreen is hard to keep de misted. The fan seems fine,full power on all temperatures etc. Only thing I think may cause it is the design/angle of the large windscreen and the capability of the fan to cover the whole area.The upper areas of the windscreen remain misty and that is not too far above normal eye level at times.It is perfect in normal weather conditions. I previously had an 01 which gave no issues like this. I have the settings right.

Did you check the pollen filter? If it has aircon,try leaving it off for a few days. Leave the fan running to dry out moisture from the heater ducting to see does it improve the situation.I know of a 04 T3x avensis(uk import) its an absolute disaster to demist.

thanks, I don't have air conditioning though??

I have a 07 corolla sallon, i know its probably obvious but make sure that the button for recycling the air isn't on, its in the middle of the dial where you can direct the air to the screen or feet etc, turn this dial fully to the right as well, I usually don't have a problem de-misting

Thanks. Yes I never have that recycling button on. I always have the dial to the right, on the windscreen setting. May decide to ring the dealer on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.