08 toyota corolla saloon 1.4 demisting problem?!?

widescreen

Folks,

I have one of the above cars. Got it a year ago as a little used fleet model. Going perfectly, around 22k (kms) on clock.

I have an issue which I would like to see if other owners have experienced. In certain weather conditions, usually rain,damp etc, the windscreen is hard to keep de misted. The fan seems fine,full power on all temperatures etc. Only thing I think may cause it is the design/angle of the large windscreen and the capability of the fan to cover the whole area.The upper areas of the windscreen remain misty and that is not too far above normal eye level at times.It is perfect in normal weather conditions. I previously had an 01 which gave no issues like this. I have the settings right.

Re: 08 toyota corolla saloon 1.4 petrol problem?!?

Did you check the pollen filter? If it has aircon,try leaving it off for a few days. Leave the fan running to dry out moisture from the heater ducting to see does it improve the situation.I know of a 04 T3x avensis(uk import) its an absolute disaster to demist.

thanks, I don't have air conditioning though??

I have a 07 corolla sallon, i know its probably obvious but make sure that the button for recycling the air isn't on, its in the middle of the dial where you can direct the air to the screen or feet etc, turn this dial fully to the right as well, I usually don't have a problem de-misting

Thanks. Yes I never have that recycling button on. I always have the dial to the right, on the windscreen setting. May decide to ring the dealer on this.

I know that in very damp humid weather It can be hard to demist the screen, another option would be to fit wind deflectors, available at any motor factors and easy enough to fit, you can then leave your window down slightly without getting drowned by rain! Another thing to consider is the vents in the middle of the car above the radio should be both facing up one slightly to the left and the other slightly to the right and of course open as well

thats interesting.I remember when first changing the car I nearly bought an 07 corolla and it had these plastic things attached to each front window. Maybe now I know why! Will check those middle vents..thanks

Had the exact same problem. You need to get the pollen/cabin filter changed. It sorted it for me, and much fresher air in the car too. Mechanics tend to overlook it when servicing.

Had the exact same problem. You need to get the pollen/cabin filter changed. It sorted it for me, and much fresher air in the car too. Mechanics tend to overlook it when servicing.

thanks Colin! I assume your car is corolla petrol with no aircon etc?

Do you know if this is a handy part to change as I only got a service done in Nov and at the mileage I do it is only once a year when its in garage? If it was straightforward I would buy the part and fit it.

very straight forward diy job.

Just changed one on a 03 focus.

14 yoyo's in halfords.

should be a 20 min job for even the most limited diyer.

very straight forward diy job.

Just changed one on a 03 focus.

14 yoyo's in halfords.

should be a 20 min job for even the most limited diyer.

Thanks,just got a price of €15 for one and will pick up at weekend.

Watched a youtube video as well, and as you say it seems straightforward.

Only thing slightly confusing me is whether my car definately has one of these parts?The owners manual refers to the part as air conditioning filter,whereas my car has no aircon.

Also my car has only done 22,500km(14,000 miles)and is just over a year and a half old so is it not surprising that I have this problem?

My mates 98 corolla no aircon defo had one defo same problem.

Just lift the cover and look.