08 Avensis Diesal problem

lurcher

I bought an 08 diesel avensis last Nov from a main toyota dealer,it was always slow to pick up speed for say the first 50 to 60 feet after i started the ignition,i just put this down to the car been cold.However in the last 3 to 4 days it is terrible to drive especially for the first few minutes after i start the car,it doesnt respond to the accelorator & lurches forward intermitintly.I noticed today that the TRC & CSC (vehical stability control) are highlighted on the dash,i looked this up on the newer model avensis manual as i didnt get one with the car when i bought it,it says that this is to do with the wheels slipping/skidding on take off.
After a few minutes the car drives fine,but still struggles to get up a hill even in 2nd.
Could anyone give me an insight in to what the problem may be,or tell me if the car is still under guarantee from the garage before i ring them tomorrow,thanks Lurcher.

Maybe slipping clutch.

do the revs rise but not the speed?

Get a decent garage to do a diagnostic.

The lads at MKW motors are good at nailing down awkward problems.

Thanks for that,i spoke to guy in garage where i bought it yesterday,i am about to drop it down there now,he mentioned that it may be a sensor problem or possibly dirty fuel,if dirty fuel it wont be covered by warranty,i will post later & let you know how i got on,thanks Lurcher.

OH had similar problem, it was the cat converter, cost him about €930.
Its a 03 petrol though. Don't let the main dealer fob you off making out that its not covered under the warranty. A 08 model shouldn't be causing you hassle like that unless there is savage mileage on it. Good luck with it

Back home with car,they replaced the EGR valve & car is now driving fine,no charge as there is a 12mth warranty with 2nd hand cars.The girl on the front desk wasnt able to tell me much about what the exact problem was,said something about the EGR valve been something to do with the exaust,anyway i'm happy with the outcome,thanks for replys Lurcher.