06 avensis 40km - to change or not

elainem

Hi! I have an 06 Toyota Avenis with 40Km on the clock. I am wondering whether to change or not, as I do a lot of mileage. It is a 1.6 petrol. I'm afraid if I leave it another year, and do the same mileage, that I will not get much for it. Any advice appreciated.

Id get rid of it, should sost around 6K to change ?
Did you get a price ?

A good diesel will definitely feel much livelier than a 1.6 in a car that size.

And do nearly twice the miles per tank.

What are you thinking of changing for, another toyota or something else?

HI! everyone, thanks for your replies. I was thinking of changing to a skoda octavia 1.9 tdi or a toyota corolla 1.4 d4d. I feel the skoda octavia is a better bet in terms of safety. What do you think?

The Skoda will be safer all right , but it will be more expensive by a few thousand, and you will get less miles per gallon

I wouldsay the mpg would be much the same on the octavia and the corolla.

The Octavia RS TDI should interesting.

The Skoda will be safer all right , but it will be more expensive by a few thousand, and you will get less miles per gallon

Tax and Insurance are also likely to be dearer. There are also millions of Skoda Octavia diesels on the road in a commercial capacity at the moment, Taxis etc. This should lead to a glut on the 2nd hand market, depressing prices. I would think that the Toyota going to hold its value better.

2nd hand buyer is also likely to be a private buyer, so the cost to him of taxing and insuring the car, could also make the Toyota a better bet.

Murt

Back