04 BMW 316i (automatic)

D

DP Shots

Hi there,

My 04 BMW 316i screeches when I start it - sounds like the fan belt. Also it cuts out every now and again when I brake to stand still - as in at traffic lights etc.

Its been like this since August, am I doing damage? Can anyone recommend somewhere to bring it outside of a main dealer?

Thanks

A late reply but maybe you still have the problem......
Do you have any more information the screeching? does it happen all the time,hot & cold? etc.
As far as the cutting out it could be something as simple as a vacuum hose.But cars are never simple are they! :)
The PCV (crank case valve) can give those symptoms and are common enough on the older E46.

Hi there,

Also it cuts out every now and again when I brake to stand still - as in at traffic lights etc.

Thanks

You Idle control valve sounds a likely suspect. Take it out and clean it as these tend to get blocked with dirt

A late reply but maybe you still have the problem......
Do you have any more information the screeching? does it happen all the time,hot & cold? etc.
As far as the cutting out it could be something as simple as a vacuum hose.But cars are never simple are they! :)
The PCV (crank case valve) can give those symptoms and are common enough on the older E46.

Hi
THanks for the reply. The screech only happens for a second or two when I start the car.

Thanks I'll menton this when I get it serviced - whenever that will be!!

Back