Estates in Lucan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeeDee81

HI,
We are looking to buy in Lucan, and as neither one of us are from the area we're not sure what estates are good or bad?
Can anyone help us on this?

Theres alot of previous discussion in threads here on Lucan estates. Should have all you need.

Some of the posts seem to be a bit dated, was trying to get some more up to date opinions.

Parishes in Lucan

Can anyone tell me what parishes the following are in?
Castle Riada
Griffeen
Haydens Park

thanks

Re: Parishes in Lucan

Thanks johnny, any opinions on the above?

Thanks johnny, any opinions on the above?
All good estates. School places might be an issue.
If you give more information the Lucan posters will be able to help you further.
What is your budget?
Will you be commuting?Car/public transport

We will be commuting but the other way to most ppl, i'm working in kildare and he is in tallaght so i don't think traffic will be too much of a problem.
We have a budget of about 380, but if i can save some pennies i will try!

Hi Deedee81, I recently bought in Lucan, my boyfriend is from Lucan and a lot of his siblings have settled here. We looked at loads of houses and considered a few different estates when we were buying so if you can think of anything I might be able to help you with just let me know!

You said in your previous post that you have circa 380 to spend. I personally would narrow it down to houses in St. Mary's Parish. My boyfriends sister lives in Esker Meadows, lovely estate, big houses with sunrooms, definitely good value there at the moment, could be an option for you......btw mad how we have almost the exact same username!!!

Last edited:
Yeh i heard that st mary's was one of the "better" parishes, but i wasn't too sure what estates fell under that.

Off the top of my head (and some of these might be wrong) I think the following are in St.Marys:

Roselawn
Beech Park
Chalet Gardens
Woodville
Lucan Heights
Hermitage
Willsbrook
Esker Meadows
Esker Woods
Fforster
Ballyowen
Sarsfield Park

I used to rent in Canonbrook, a small estate behind st patricks church, right beside shops, right side of motorway for train, never any crime, lots of families living in estate, there from when it was built. Prices v. reasonable.

You said in your previous post that you have circa 380 to spend. I personally would narrow it down to houses in St. Mary's Parish. My boyfriends sister lives in Esker Meadows, lovely estate, big houses with sunrooms, definitely good value there at the moment, could be an option for you......btw mad how we have almost the exact same username!!!

Speaking as a Lucanite, I don't know why there is this obsession with St Mary's Parish. There are other estates, outside of Mary's, with equally good houses.

I have been living in Ballyowen. Lucan for nearly two years now. It is in St Marys Parish, which is supposed to be lovely. I however attend St Patricks' Parish and I really like it there. I love it in Ballyowen. There is alot of mild graffiti on the new ring road but otherwise I haven't seen nor heard of any crime. Shops are good, if you have a car. Bus 25A is unpredictable and often irregular. I am renting here but if I was looking to buy, I would like to stay in this area. Highly recommended.

Speaking as a Lucanite, I don't know why there is this obsession with St Mary's Parish. There are other estates, outside of Mary's, with equally good houses.
No offence YOBR, but do you have kids? Or are you aware of the schools issue in Lucan south?

I don't understand this obsession with St. Mary's by posters on AAM either.

I would agree I wouldn't be too happy sending my children to the schools in Lucan.
South parish.
I live in Finnstown Abbey. My two eldest children are attending St. Thomas's Primary school. Excellant school, principal and staff are running the school very well. The girls are in Weston Hockey club(fantastic newly constructed floodlit all weather pitch) which is right beside us. We also have a flloodlit running track beside us. Superquinn shopping centre, schools and Church short walking distance.

If the Lucan LUAS starts at Newcastle road (Option 2) then it should do no harm to Finnstown Abbey property prices and of course it would be very convenient.

To be honest, I would prefer Finnstown/Hillcrest to the likes of Griffeen/Haydens Park. Ash Park is also very nice and kind of seperate from the big mass of houses, houses, houses.

Most of the other estates are nice, but to be honest I just feel that there are too many houses and each estate just blends into each other. I would say there is very little anti social behaviour in any of them.

I would not choose Foxborough/Earsfort or Liffey Valley Park. Lived in Liffey Valley Park for six years. Had no hassle whatsoever, but I had issues with the standards of the estate, lots of rentals and no pride in the Estate.

I too dont see the big attraction of St. Marys parish. A lot of the new Estates come under the parish of Lucan South. They have a website listing the various estates encompassing the parish. I would not send children to the schools in Lucan South either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back