Sundale, Tallaght

cms

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this area. I've seen several houses for sale on myhome.ie in this estate . The houses seem really nice and are very reasonable so I'm wondering what the catch is. I can see from the map its not far from Jobstown and Killenarden which i've been told are bad areas.
Any advice would be appreciated.

IMO its an area that is certainly due to improve although at the moment there are a huge number of houses but the level of amenities and facilities do not match the density. There is a swimming pool due to open very shortly, Luas planned to run nearby to citywest and then the citywest shopping centre all in the vicinity.

I lived in Swiftbrook nearby for approx 4 years and still have relatives in Sundale, there are some roads better than others to be honest, the main road through used to be a bit of a rat run to the other side of jobstown until closed off in the middle and there are a large number of rentals in the area. The last part to be built (Sundale lawns/parade etc - running along Fortunestown road) probably has the highest number of owner occupiers and looks to be a little bit more 'cared for' rather than the Suncroft park which extends into Jobstown.

Having lived in Swiftbrook (the adjacent estate) for a number of years despite its reputation, we never had any problems but its repuation does tend to draw a response that would be less than positive from most that have not lived there!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on a specific part of
Mountainview as pretty familiar with most of it.

Those houses were fairly cheap up untill recently so that is probably one of the reasons there are so many for sale at the moment (40 I think). You only have to see by the price that it is not the" lowest of the low" as someone said. People I know who are living there with plans to move or who have moved, did it because
A) it was never going to be a long term buy (eg -most do not send their kids to the local school)
B) the prices have shot up and they have huge profits in their back pocket.
It is the first step on the property ladder for most. I don't think they ever had trouble with anti social behaviour, and all had nice neighbours.

People I know who are living there with plans to move or who have moved, did it because
A) it was never going to be a long term buy (eg -most do not send their kids to the local school)
B) the prices have shot up and they have huge profits in their back pocket.
It is the first step on the property ladder for most. I don't think they ever had trouble with anti social behaviour, and all had nice neighbours.

In summary then :- Most who bought there recently would not consider it a decent place to make a family home - they want to make a quick buck and get the hell out of there.

Sounds lovely..OP...steer clear , places like this will plummet in value in any bubble burst.

In summary then :- Most who bought there recently would not consider it a decent place to make a family home - they want to make a quick buck and get the hell out of there.

Sounds lovely..OP...steer clear , places like this will plummet in value in any bubble burst.
Well not that it wasn't decent, but realistically, they were not planning to say for ever.

my friends sister lived there and thought they would never get out,on 3 different occasions someone tried to break in they found needles in there back garden there dog was robbed the front window smashed and the van was keyed.i know there are nice people in the estate too but they had very bad luck and were just glad to get out.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING THERE! We have just moved out of Swiftbrook, very close by and out of it i thought we would never get. Its a kip. Most of the houses are rented most of the people are lovely but of course there are the few that will ruin your quality of life!

For starters going to the shop was a nightmare, "giz a smoke, any odds, will go into the offo for me". Thats the least of your worries. the outside of the shops was filthy. Scummers hanging around drinking.

Joyriding was another thing. the pizza mans car was robbed from under his nose while delivering, they rallied it ip and down the road, burst his tyres and then just abandoned it, outside my house. Myself and my mate came back to my house for a few after dancing and her car, which was parked on the kerb outside, had been burnt out......

We had a murder in Swiftbrook and that was the last straw. Oh and there was a women recently, very recently, convicted of manslaughter. Herself lived in the estate with the kids, she was turfed out just before the trial. Gladly we had already left.

If your purchase is for investment, go for it. If your going to live there, I say. Good luck.

PS My sister and my best friend are still in the area and are dying to get out of it.

moesha said:
PS My sister and my best friend are still in the area and are dying to get out of it.

Well your not doing them much favours if they are trying to sell. Still, its better to know these things. Cheers

I wouldnt touch it. I worked in Jobstown and met a lot of people who had bought in Swiftbook, Sundale etc having been misguided by the builders that they were not buying in Jobstown. The reality is that you are in Jobstown. I agree with previous posters there are only a few people who make it hell for everyone else, but that is all it takes. I know it's PC to say nice things about the area but the reality is that there is still a long way to go before it will be somewhere you would want to bring up a family.

Back