Zip Repair/Replace for Bag

Cahir

Does anyone know where in Dublin city centre I could get a zip repaired or replaced on an expensive designer bag - it's a good bag so I don't want an awful looking zip ruining it.

I bought it abroad so I can't go back to the shop and it was my fault that the zip broke in the first place so I can't demand a replacement bag.

you should try all the clothes alteration shops they might take the job on i remember in the good old days that the shoe repair shops used to do it. shall ask the missus for you she may know a good one

The shoe repair shop I brought my bag to when the zip broke quoted me E30 !!!!!!!!!!!! I still haven't fixed it as I thought that was way too much.

There's a little place just off lower baggot street (the street to the side of tesco - don't know what it's called) - they do bag repairs as well as shoe repairs.

Thanks for the replies - I'll pop into the baggot street place tomorrow to see if they can help. I wouldn't mind paying €30 as the bag cost an awful lot more than that and I love it so much!

Pat Vances shoe repairs, Florence Road, Bray, repair zips, do good work, and are reasonable.

seanmac50 said:
Pat Vances shoe repairs, Florence Road, Bray, repair zips, do good work, and are reasonable.

Thanks but as much as I love the bag I don't think I'll travel out to Bray to get it fixed. Hopefully I'll have some luck with the baggot street place but unfortunately I forgot to bring the bag with me today.

Back