Zamano and Bulk SMS

I went looking after reading all of your comments above and found a pricing structure from one company [broken link removed].

It all seems reasonable enough if it's reliable enough.

I've used all of them. Puca is an Irish operation and is a joke. Zamano is UK based and has an Irish operation, which is also technically poor. I eventually found my way to Esendex, and they have been fine so far.

Lot of my colleagues had mentioned Esendex as well.

I suppose it boils down to personal preference vs cost effectiveness vs customer at the end of the day.

I've been doinn a little bit more looking into this and I foudna few useful links with tips to follow and what to avoid in picking a service provider. They're mostly non-industry so there's decent points as to what you might want to look for in a provider like Zamano.

mobile-marketing-blog.net/2010/02/bulk-sms-marketing-tips.html
hughspear.com/blog/bulk-sms/

I've been doinn a little bit more looking into this and I foudna few useful links with tips to follow and what to avoid in picking a service provider. They're mostly non-industry so there's decent points as to what you might want to look for in a provider like Zamano.

mobile-marketing-blog.net/2010/02/bulk-sms-marketing-tips.html
hughspear.com/blog/bulk-sms/

You can rest assured that some of those Blogs are either being written by an industry rep or at the very least the comments are loaded with individuals trying to push their own product.

You can rest assured that some of those Blogs are either being written by an industry rep or at the very least the comments are loaded with individuals trying to push their own product.

Yeah I was thinking that as well. There's very little you can trust on the blogs these days and sometimes you're as well just go to the internal blog of the company and see what they have to say for themselves. Ignore the comments though as they're most likely from internal members of staff as well.

Why a cynical online reader I've become!

I got replies from both Puca and Zamano. It seems like the latter is a bigger operation but the former has a more effective onlin presence. I'm going to sit down and see which of the two I'm go to give some business to over the weekend.

Zamano v Puca

Yeah I was thinking that as well. There's very little you can trust on the blogs these days and sometimes you're as well just go to the internal blog of the company and see what they have to say for themselves. Ignore the comments though as they're most likely from internal members of staff as well.

Why a cynical online reader I've become!

I got replies from both Puca and Zamano. It seems like the latter is a bigger operation but the former has a more effective onlin presence. I'm going to sit down and see which of the two I'm go to give some business to over the weekend.

Interesting. Make sure you return and say either who you opted for (if that's permitted) or what governed your decision in the end.

Interesting. Make sure you return and say either who you opted for (if that's permitted) or what governed your decision in the end.

Ok I suppose that I shouldn't really say who I opted for as it probably breaks some rules or guidelines.

I broke it down as follows.

Provider A had a nice looking product that could be tailored to my needs and was reasonably cost effective.

Provider B was able to provide the same but we a better network of customer service available.

I'm going with B solely for the fact that, in my experience, there is no substitute for having a good customer service when dealing with mobile operations.

Ok I suppose that I shouldn't really say who I opted for as it probably breaks some rules or guidelines.

I broke it down as follows.

Provider A had a nice looking product that could be tailored to my needs and was reasonably cost effective.

Provider B was able to provide the same but we a better network of customer service available.

I'm going with B solely for the fact that, in my experience, there is no substitute for having a good customer service when dealing with mobile operations.

So there was no huge difference in the costs?

Did you look into getting a limit put in for the subscription that you could end up paying each month or any other limiter like that?

So there was no huge difference in the costs?

Did you look into getting a limit put in for the subscription that you could end up paying each month or any other limiter like that?

No, To be honest I think, given the number of subscribers that I hope to have, that if we were to get into a position where the costs were high then our turnover in revenue would more than justify persevering with the service despite the costs involved.

We're lucky enough to be in an industry that isn't affected by the recession.

No, To be honest I think, given the number of subscribers that I hope to have, that if we were to get into a position where the costs were high then our turnover in revenue would more than justify persevering with the service despite the costs involved.

What is this magic industry that you speak of?

I've been thinking of trying to actually get into the Premium SMS business as it seems that all you need is to act as a middleman between content providers and service providers with a strong technical team and you stand to make some serious money.

Plenty of logistics to sort out and lots of investment need but def worth a shot I think.

That's fair enough. And I presume you'll have access to track metrics and the like?

I've been trying to brush up on my analytical skills in this regards and it's no fun at the beginning but becomes an obsession after a while.

That's fair enough. And I presume you'll have access to track metrics and the like?

I've been trying to brush up on my analytical skills in this regards and it's no fun at the beginning but becomes an obsession after a while.

Yeah reports are made available so I can track everything and cut off any service that I don't want.

I expect to become as addicted to this as I am at logging on to LinkedIn to see whose been viewing my account and company page, at least this will be a little more productive though.

Back