Zamano and Bulk SMS

ondeball

Has anyone been using these guys for their own business?

I have a growing list of subscribed users that I need to contact cheaply - more than my monthly allowance will allow me to online for free.

I've been looking at a few different services and I'm torn between Zamano and a few others like Puca and Essendex.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

*** I posted this in the incorrect forum yesterday and have moved it to here today as this seems to be the correct place to seek advice like this.

I looked into it before but it wasn't viable for my business in the end, we shut up shop before there was a chance to use it.

The best thing you can do is contact the providers (all of them) and see what kind of deal they can offer you. It might be worth paying a little more to get a better level of report.

I use sendmode to contact clients and find it works well. They allow you to set up templates which helps speed things up.

I was talking to them before I was in touch with Zamano. How much does the whole templates thing speed things up by?

I used Adikat for staying in touch with folk on a community project last year - it seemed to be the best of the bunch at that time.

There loads of options if you just do a Google search.

If you go directly your mobile operator your account manager may be able to point you in the correct direction as well.

I sat down and did my business plan last year and managed to come up with a few different way for mobile marketing to help me out and I was able to get my account manager to sort out a complete package for me.

Google any company that you're planning on doing business as well as there are always a few people who have been burned and it's no harm in doing a little bit of your own research as well.

Zamano throws up some interesting results when you type them into Google. But in fairness it all seems to be about Zamano and premium text stuff from a few years ago rather than anyone having a grievance based on working with them as a partner.

I've found Bulk SMS to be an ineffective way of doing business through the small retail outlet that I'm running. I use two or three different free gateways but it does take up a good bit more of my time.

They're putting a package together for me.

In other news post in other forums can lead to interesting e-mails from Indian companies offering to do the service at a fraction of the cost.

I don't even know how they got hold of my e-mail address.

Well it stops you having to rewrite the same text over & over again so is a major time saver. The system also holds a copy of the text for verification purposes. We find it useful but it depends on what your trading at I suppose.

Well it stops you having to rewrite the same text over & over again so is a major time saver. The system also holds a copy of the text for verification purposes. We find it useful but it depends on what your trading at I suppose.

I like the templates as well and I'm not sure if it's something that Zamano offers.

What kind of security are they looking for everytime you log in? I'm wary of letting any of my staff have access to the system, or even other people at the same level of management (I'm not the owner clearly).

I always think it's better to have one, or two at most, people controlling a system like this to keep the company voice consistent - and some people just suck at writing anything as well.

See they a link to their product page there now as well ondeball - it's amazing how a thread on here can lead you to wasting some time on Google searches!

I see one for [broken link removed] and [broken link removed].

There's loads more links for Puca, clickatell, txtrepublic as well. Must be a reasonably profitable service provision to get into.

I may skulk away and see if I can get into it!

See they a link to their product page there now as well ondeball - it's amazing how a thread on here can lead you to wasting some time on Google searches!

I see one for [broken link removed] and [broken link removed].

There's loads more links for Puca, clickatell, txtrepublic as well. Must be a reasonably profitable service provision to get into.

Yeah those are the links I use to find Zamano as well.

I'm actually surprised at the range of companies offering this service in Ireland. I always assumed that if this was something that you wanted to do right then the only thing to do was go direct to the mobile operators - could not have been any more wrong in fairness.

I see one for Bulk SMS Gateway and SMS Aggregation Gateway.

Let me know when you have something set up!

The one thing I've found with most of these companies, including Zamano, is that they are looking at what is convenient from a provider point of view. There's little consideration of what the client really need. Templates are good but there are times when a more bespoke system would help.

The couple of companies I was in contact with want you to adapt an existing system to your work practice rather that set up their system to suit your work needs.

The couple of companies I was in contact with want you to adapt an existing system to your work practice rather that set up their system to suit your work needs.
That's a fairly standard model with any off-the-shelf IT system. If you want the luxury of a system designed to suit your own particular needs, then you have to pay a high price to build and maintain your system. If you go with an off-the-shelf system at a much reduced price, a bit of flexibility in your own processes will go a long way.

Let me know when you have something set up!

The one thing I've found with most of these companies, including Zamano, is that they are looking at what is convenient from a provider point of view.

What are you actually looking for then? It sounds like you need something very specific and if that's the case you're gonna to be, as Complainer says, paying a higher premium to get better results.

That's a fairly standard model with any off-the-shelf IT system. If you want the luxury of a system designed to suit your own particular needs, then you have to pay a high price to build and maintain your system. If you go with an off-the-shelf system at a much reduced price, a bit of flexibility in your own processes will go a long way.

I hadn't thought of it like that at all Complainer. I suppose it might be worth the extra investment in getting the exact system that I want in place with decent reports as well.

I suppose I should just do up a wish list for the ideal system and take it from there. Back to the drawing board.

What are you actually looking for then? It sounds like you need something very specific and if that's the case you're gonna to be, as Complainer says, paying a higher premium to get better results.

Think you could be right. Have you done any business with a provider that works like this?

I hadn't thought of it like that at all Complainer. I suppose it might be worth the extra investment in getting the exact system that I want in place with decent reports as well.

I suppose I should just do up a wish list for the ideal system and take it from there. Back to the drawing board.

It's always good to have a clear understanding of your requirements - your wish list. This will help you in evaluating various solutions and finding the best fit to your needs. Good off-the-shelf systems will have good facilities for customising the tool to your needs.

For texting systems, look for the facility to vary the 'sender id' of outgoing messages, and easy import/export facilities. Look for the facility to capture replies and responses and make them available online.

It's always good to have a clear understanding of your requirements - your wish list. This will help you in evaluating various solutions and finding the best fit to your needs. Good off-the-shelf systems will have good facilities for customising the tool to your needs.

For texting systems, look for the facility to vary the 'sender id' of outgoing messages, and easy import/export facilities. Look for the facility to capture replies and responses and make them available online.

Nice one, thanks complainer.

I think I'll get on to Zamano and Puca and see what they can do with my wish list - both of those things will be added now.

Back