You're a star

car

So they all queue up in helix. 40-50 get to hang around til the end of the day, then without a second audition as far as i could see from the telly, they whittle this down to 12 or so. Then after a morning of seeing how good/bad some of the 12 really are this comes down to 5. Then without them really auditioning again for the watching public we have to vote.

Heres the gripe.

thought last sunday they were all quite decent with the guy who eventually came second miles ahead of the rest. But the young guy who won it is 17-18 yrs old doing his leaving (i think he said he was in 6th year), he's in school and has a week to get his school, his primary school and the local old folks home to vote for him. what chance did anyone else have no matter how good they were? now, dont get me wrong, thought he was ok, but there were better then him in the show.
so now, the entire school votes for him every week in the finals, so lets say he goes on to win it, now hes got a record contract based on his mates voting for him which isnt an indicator of whether hes any good, just that hes got loads of mates. The leaving certs coming up, whats he gonna do?
should rename the show from "Youre a star" to " How many people do you know that can txt".
rant over.

Re: Youre a star

What!? You mean to say that this show doesn't select a winner based on talent!? I find that hard to believe...

me too. must be another Irish first.

What!? You mean to say that this show doesn't select a winner based on talent!? I find that hard to believe...

I must say given the obvious talent of Linda Martin and Brendan O'Connor I too am shocked at this state of affairs.

The reality is that the next Johhny Logan or Daniel O'Donnell or even (dare I say it) the next B'Witched is waiting to be found and You're a Star is the perfect vehicle for this - I watch each episode with bated breath!:rolleyes:

The reality is that the next Johhny Logan or Daniel O'Donnell or even (dare I say it) the next B'Witched is waiting to be found and You're a Star is the perfect vehicle for this - I watch each episode with bated breath!:rolleyes:
B*Witched - please!

B*Witched - please!
Oh stop will ya.. theyre rumoured to be getting back together again, one of them was alright AFAIR, but the rest.... shudder....

whats that line in the rap from one of their songs

People say I look like me Da....
Yeah and I fight like him too

B*Witched was once described to me as

"that band where they all look like Bosco presenters"

-Rd

the voting system is all about making money. those with the best voice do not make it through. contestants are also expected to plead with the public for their votes "please vote for me" not exactly rawk and roll.
the mccall twins representing us at Eurovision, the girl who won last year who was never heard of again and of course SIX. I thought that the time that they kicked out the one that later joined Girls Aloud and dared the other band members to challenge their decision was excellent. not one of them dared do so.

That Brendan ( scrunchy face) o Connor and Linda (botox bitch) Martin annoy me. Scrunchy face couldn't sing to save his life and I remember the botox bitch playing in dance halls in Cork nobody ever listened to her we were all too busy drinking God was she boring!

Back