Years of service consideration for SCSB formula

K

KEB2009

Have applied for voluntary redundancy and wonder if somebody could shed some light on the tax details related to the lumpsum payment that I will receive from my employer. I believe it will be most favourable for my circumstances to use the SCSB formula referred to in some previous threads, however I wonder about the possibility to ‘boost’ the years of service which form part of the formula. Employment under my current contract will be about 4 years and 10 months at termination date, however prior to this employment I worked for the same company on a contract basis for a 6-month period, then went off to do something else for 15 months and then returned to the same company on my current (permanent) contract. Question is whether there is any chance the 6 months from the past could be added to the 4 years and 10 months (in spite of being off the payroll for 15 months), resulting in another complete year of service?

under revenue rules its complete yrs of service and since you only have 4 yrs and 10 months works you only have 4 yrs complete yrs of service as the 10 months is not a complete yr of service and doesnt count.
regarding the 6 months the quick answer is nope .

under revenue rules its complete yrs of service and since you only have 4 yrs and 10 months works you only have 4 yrs complete yrs of service as the 10 months is not a complete yr of service and doesnt count.
regarding the 6 months the quick answer is nope .

What about holidays - can they not be added on to ectend Your end date

or notice paid in lieue - surely this should be added on??

Back