www.ItsYourMoney.ie "waffle corner"

ClubMan

I see that www.itsyourmoney.ie has a "waffle corner" where they poke fun at jargon used by some financial product product providers. Unfortunately they don't allow the public to submit their own examples so I am unable to send in this email which I received from IFSRA recently:

Dear ...

The Financial Regulator is very happy to receive information from consumers. I have already confirmed that the information you raised was passed on to the relevant department - Consumer Protection & Codes.

However - as I hope you can appreciate - the Financial Regulator will not be keeping you appraised of any developments in relation to this issue. The Financial Regulator is restricted from disclosing information under S.33AK of the Central Bank Act, 1942 (as amended by the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Act, 2003).

I hope this clarifies the situation and I can confirm that I am now closing off your file in Consumer Information.

Yours sincerely

Consumer Information

Love it. And then to call themselves consumer information. Oh the irony!

Still, I just had to enter their competition for a wireless home music system...!
– this system is like an MP3 player for your home and includes one main player and one additional unit so you can transmit music into another room.
Magic! :D

I can almost hear Sir Humphrey Appleby saying 'in the fullness of time Minister'! :p

Back