Laya Would you recommend Laya?

aamusername

Hello All,

I am considering changing to Laya for my medical insurance after over 30 years with VHI. This is mostly in response to the "design your own plan" link which was posted on askaboutmoney recently. Before I take the jump, I just thought I'd ask those who have been with Laya a while if they would recommend them. I would be reducing my annual premium by 50% which I suppose almost seems too good to be true.

Many thanks in advance,
aamusername

You prob can make that saving but i imagine it would be at the expense of some of the cover. Ring HIA and they can do market comparisons. I find the website so confusing

Thanks TippGal. I will give them a ring on Monday. From looking at the HIA website, the only difference seems to be a 500 euro excess rather than my current 125 euro excess per private hospital episode and 100 per night rather than 50 per night for a private room.

I suppose I was really wondering if they are ok about paying claims and so on. I rarely have any problems with VHI paying claims (mostly for day-to-day stuff) and I wouldn't like to have insurance with a company that it was difficult to make a successful claim with. Right now I stick receipts in an envelope, attach a stamp and 10 days later the money is in my account.

I havent really heard anything about Laya in relation to claims but Id say no news is good news!! We would defo hear about it if there were issues so I'd imagine you are probably safe enough :)

Back