Would I qualify for credit card?

jambo

I'm in the process of moving my daily banking from AIB to Ulster Bank. I have a EUR 1,000 overdraft and EUR 1,500 credit card with AIB.

For maybe 3 or 4 months I've been gradually going into the red on the overdraft, but never really maxing it out. I consistently pay the credit card in full each month. I also have a considerable amount on deposit with Ulster.

I had the forms for a credit card application with Ulster last month but I was worried that my current cashflow situation might be a big red mark. I have always tried to keep my total borrowings to less than my monthly salary. My current monthly salary would clear both debts and my rent.

I want to move my credit card to Ulster for convenience, the overdraft is not a big deal. I am wondering if my reliance on the overdraft in recent months is a red mark. My overdraft is interest free AFAIK.

I'm in the process of moving my daily banking from AIB to Ulster Bank. I have a EUR 1,000 overdraft and EUR 1,500 credit card with AIB.

For maybe 3 or 4 months I've been gradually going into the red on the overdraft, but never really maxing it out. I consistently pay the credit card in full each month. I also have a considerable amount on deposit with Ulster.

I had the forms for a credit card application with Ulster last month but I was worried that my current cashflow situation might be a big red mark. I have always tried to keep my total borrowings to less than my monthly salary. My current monthly salary would clear both debts and my rent.

I want to move my credit card to Ulster for convenience, the overdraft is not a big deal. I am wondering if my reliance on the overdraft in recent months is a red mark. My overdraft is interest free AFAIK.

I would say Ulster bank will be more than happy to loan you your own money at a net margin of about 17 percentage points !

I would say Ulster bank will be more than happy to loan you your own money at a net margin of about 17%.
I've never paid interest on a credit card in my life. I consistently pay it off in full each month.

Jambo, I moved my banking from AIB to Ulster Bank a year ago or so. I still had my credit card with AIB though and only decided to close that account and get an Ulster Bank credit card a few months ago. I applied for a standard Mastercard. I was declined. This is me with no debt, no loan, good savings, always pay my CC in full each month. I appealed that decision and was successful as it was apparently a mistake.

Your application will be credit scored, do you work, how much do you earn, for how long, any assets / any liabilities taht sort of thing, you have good deposits and are a safe bet for a credit card, go for a low limit..

Back