Would I get welfare if I set up my own business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesitate to draw fire down upon myself; everything seems very heated.
But the fact is we cannot choose which type of Prsi to pay. If mac781 had been given the choice you could now be scornful of him for not selecting the option with unemployment cover. As directors or self-employed we are not allowed to pay more and have that option. I think that is what is unfair.

Jaybird you seem to have one law for yourself and seem to have no qualms taking JB benefit when clearly from one of your posts you would voluntarily give up work to mind your children in which case you WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT!

<<<posted by Jaybird in response to Am I entitled to Jobseekers Benefit>>I'd be interested in hearing how you get on, as am in a similar position myself, at the end of maternity leave and a job that will barely pay for childcare for the 2 little guys, never mind the commute

I am a student AND I have my own business. I pay fees for my course, large fees as it happens, and get no grants or loans. I also pay my own mortgage, and am not on here bleating about how the government won't pay it for me even though I'm not entitled. So I am clearly doing a lot better than you.

Wow- so self satisfied. Yet so unpleasant. And I am talking to you Jaybird. For someone so apparently happy you project nothing but bile and bitterness.

To feel the need to insult strangers- you must be pretty frustrated with your life. I wouldnt like to meet you here in 10 years- you'll have matured nicely by then I would think.

I will continue to offer the benefit of my experience to guys like Damien84. I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You're a horrible piece of work.

Jaybird you seem to have one law for yourself and seem to have no qualms taking JB benefit when clearly from one of your posts you would voluntarily give up work to mind your children in which case you WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT!

<<<posted by Jaybird in response to Am I entitled to Jobseekers Benefit>>I'd be interested in hearing how you get on, as am in a similar position myself, at the end of maternity leave and a job that will barely pay for childcare for the 2 little guys, never mind the commute

interesting post and doesnt surprise me one bit. Thanks for the quote.

Really? Boards.ie reveals a lot more about you. The Mods should have banned you for insulting another poster here. Enjoy running that fairytale business of yours.

Oh and ruby, nice try! But I never did go for JB, I started my own business instead!

Folks

I am closing this thread as it has become a Letting Off Steam thread and personally abusive in breach of the Posting Guidelines.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back