Working in Sweden - tax question

ibaraki

Hi

I'm about to accept a job offer to work in Sweden. My salary will be ~€45000. Does anyone know how much my take home pay would be. I've also heard that a 'foreign worker' with a particular expertise (not found in sweden) would only pay 25% tax for the first two years. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hi

I'm about to accept a job offer to work in Sweden. My salary will be ~€45000. Does anyone know how much my take home pay would be. I've also heard that a 'foreign worker' with a particular expertise (not found in sweden) would only pay 25% tax for the first two years. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I've no idea. But, Sweden is reknowned for it's high income tax rate. I heard it's about 58% but dunno how true that is.

I've no idea. But, Sweden is reknowned for it's high income tax rate. I heard it's about 58% but dunno how true that is.

Guatama, why do you post guesses ?

What's the point in saying that someone told you it was 58% , but you are not sure if it is true ?

Then again, my comment is of no value either, except that hopefully in the future it will stop people posting guesses. Sorry !

According to this link [broken link removed] to the Heritage Foundation's 2008 Index of Economic Freedom the 60% TOP tax rate is one of the highest in the world.

Guatama, why do you post guesses ?
What's the point in saying that someone told you it was 58% , but you are not sure if it is true ?
Then again, my comment is of no value either, except that hopefully in the future it will stop people posting guesses. Sorry !
Well, someone replying to a post will bring it to the top of the thread list so that can be useful in itself! It does surprise me that a new poster would take it upon themselves to tell others how they should be posting, and also assume that everyone is going to read their advice :)

OP, sorry I don't know much about the taxation system in Sweden, but I have friends who spent a couple of years there and found the quality of life to be excellent.

It does surprise me that a new poster would take it upon themselves to tell others how they should be posting, and also assume that everyone is going to read their advice :)

I agree, I haven't earned the right to tell anybody how they should be posting. I am ashamed of myself.

Back